Our Commitment to Service, Community, and the Credit Union Movement
Credit Unions do more than just provide financial services— we provide financial services for the purpose of empowering and improving lives. While our first responsibility is to our members, part of being a cooperative movement means looking beyond our walls to the larger community. This philosophy leads us to support worthwhile charitable and social causes, and to work with other credit unions.
Examples of services that help improve the economic and social well-being of members:
- Free online services that include banking, bill pay, mobile banking
- Low minimum deposit savings and membership fee
- Personal loans for as little as $300
- Convenient access in person, by phone, and online
- Free checking with no minimum balance, no monthly service charge
- Low-cost credit cards with reasonable rates
- Free Coin Sorting Services
- A willingness to help members who are dealing with a financial crisis or personal hardship
Financial LiteracyPearl Hawaii Federal Credit Union is dedicated to financially empowering our members and the community. Through training in the community, member interactions, and when building our products, we aim at helping members gain knowledge about financial soundness in a trusting and safe environment.
Helping Our CommunityPearl Hawaii Federal Credit Union is dedicated to helping our communities and we have had the honor of sponsoring many wonderful non-profits. Non-Profits have included the Hawaii Foodbank, Toys-For-Tots, Kapiolani Medical Center Children's Miracle Network, Special Olympics of Hawaii, PBS Hawaii, Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard Apprentice Program, YMCA, Fleet and Family Service Center, Showdown at Cash Canyon, DCCA's Lifesmarts, and many other community based organizations- elementary schools, high schools, home school programs, day care centers, sport groups/leagues.
Examples of activities that support the credit union cooperative movement:
- Joint public education and community service
- Education of lawmakers
- Active participation, support and leadership roles in national and local credit union organizations